City Gates Youth Group
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
We are a Gospel-centered ministry for students in 6th-12th grades that meets regularly twice a week. Our focus with the students is to help equip them to know how to study the Bible, what the Biblical definition of loving God and others is and how to apply it practically, and that their ministry doesn’t start once they become adults but has already begun!
- Students 6th grade and up meet for in depth and interactive Bible study in room 119a.
- Many of our students serve on rotations in our nurseries and children’s church program. When not serving in our children’s ministry program, we encourage our junior and senior high students to participate in worship and Bible study in the sanctuary.
- At various time during the school year, our high school girls and boys meet in seperate groups for a more focused time of Bible study at the Simons house.
- Starting promptly at 7, students join with the men’s and women’s Bible study for a short time of praise music with our worship team.
- Students then transition to the youth room o meet for games, food, Bible study and fellowship.
- Late Afternoon/Evenings
- On the Last Friday of the Month, our youth group meets for a low-cost time of fun and fellowship. Last Fridays are a great time for our students to invite their friends and make memories with each other.
- Throughout the year, we hold a variety of youth service projects, holiday parties, camping/over night trips, and more!
If you have any questions about getting plugged into or serving in our youth group, please contact Pastor Stephen Simons (email@example.com).